Deontay Wilder took to social media this week to put a video up to Anthony Joshua where the UK based heavyweight world champion was seen on camera asking for $50 million for the bout.
Since then Wilder and his team put an offer to Joshua for the amount he asked for, but negotiations have been ongoing up to this point without any resolution.
Wilder released the following video to Joshua this week:
You see people talk the “G??D” talk but are not prepared to walk thru the valley of the shadow of Death. To come and get it. He said he once went to hell and back and he enjoyed it.
Ni, Either the devil wasn’t there or
“HE LYIN.” pic.twitter.com/Z4muvrEd1u
— Deontay Wilder (@BronzeBomber) May 21, 2018
Fans seem to have been less than impressed with the effort however:
It’s simple. The fight belongs in London and the rematch in Vegas.
— Nick Papagiorgio (@NickyTano) May 22, 2018
No proof of funds tho ?
— #FLEX (@LethalBizzle) May 21, 2018
Hearn all ready said Haymons given answers. Based on a US fight the funds are there it’ll be PPV primetime there they’ll easily make that 50m
— Chewy (@Chewy9991) May 21, 2018
Bollox, money UPFRONT MEANS UPFRONT, not what it can generate
— Thanks Wenger ❤ (@Jackisthetruth) May 21, 2018
You may have 80,000 seater stadiums bro but you don’t have the fans to fill them up. That’s the point!
— Chris Kemp (@VinylPugilist) May 22, 2018
Everyone down here know the name AJ in the streets, whereas for you in your own country your name is like a flickering candlelight. I don’t know where you get the audacity to talk big like this.
— Sabbir (@sal_b2bg) May 22, 2018