Mayweather Issues Statement On McGregor Fight Speculation
Floyd Mayweather issues statement following report from the Irish Sun that terms were agreed for the fight.
Most sports fans have probably come across some form of Mayweather-McGregor news today, as part of their daily sports news intake.
It all started first thing Tuesday morning when The Sun reported that a Mayweather-McGregor boxing match’s terms had been agreed according to their source, and that official contracts could be signed very soon.
Stephen A Smith of ESPN also spoke of how Mayweather last weekend said they were getting “very close” to the fight being signed.
Floyd Mayweather has now come out and issued a formal statement following the intensive speculation:
Followed by an almost identical, but not quite:
Make of that what you will.
It doesn’t really change the story today that terms were agreed, as the story also said that nothing official had been signed just yet – which Mayweather has now confirmed himself.
This Mayweather-McGregor saga is likely to play out for a while further, toying almost with the fans with it’s one minute it’s on, one minute it’s off – type feel to it.
In the age of Donald Trump proclaiming war on ‘fake news’, this Mayweather-McGregor ongoing internet ‘tease farce’ is becoming a real annoyance for fans.
Just make the fight or stop speaking about it. At least that’s how I think most fans feel at this point.
But somehow, I don’t think that will happen.
I’d expect to hear either Mayweather or McGregor say something about a possible fight yet again over the coming weeks.
(Image source and credit: Mayweather and McGregor Twitter accounts)