Golovkin Says Canelo Is Not Serious

Published On February 17, 2016 | By Niall Doran | Boxing News

It’s a fight that has been long clamored for by fight fans, but it looks like it won’t be happening in the near future, certainly with the earliest opportunity it would appear for any potential bout to now be later in 2016.

________________________________________________________________________________

Gennady Golovkin is next out in the ring when he returns to action against Dominic Wade on April 23rd at the Forum in Inglewood, California.

However it would be hoped by many boxing fans that the fight is a warm up for a big showdown for ‘GGG’ later in the summer or a bit after that, whether it be a potential stadium fight that was previously looked at for the UK, or the long awaited showdown with Mexican boxing star Canelo Alvarez.

Canelo next faces the UK’s Amir Khan on May 7th at the newly constructed T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and should he win, one would suspect a Golovkin collision will be even more called for by boxing fans.

Golovkin (34-0-31KO) speaking with Fight Hype this week touched on Canelo:

“He’s not serious. He’s middleweight champion, middleweight is 160lbs. 155lbs, why not 140lbs? It’s crazy.”

He added:

“Canelo is a great champion, I need big fights like Canelo – a big name like Canelo.”

(Image source YouTube.com)

The post Golovkin Says Canelo Is Not Serious appeared first on %%Boxing News and Views/%%.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Comments are closed.