It has now been made official that Anthony Joshua will fight Charles Martin for the IBF heavyweight championship of the world. ________________________________________________________________________________ The boxing world was kept anxiously waiting all day during this year's Valentines Day, as it was revealed early this morning by UK heavyweight star Anthony Joshua and then his promoter Eddie Hearn, that an announcement for Joshua's next…
Anthony Joshua Could Be About To Fight For IBF World Heavyweight Title
Last week Boxing News and Views spoke with new IBF heavyweight champion of the world Charles Martin, who said he couldn’t understand why Anthony Joshua thought he was not ready for a title shot against him. Well, it would now seem that he’s more than ready.
Today, Matt Christie of publication Boxing News Online has reported that Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn has said:
“If Charles Martin wants the fight on April 9 he can have it.”
It is understood that the offer is now in Martin’s team’s hands with an offer having been made to them for the bout to take place, where over the next 48 hours, the fight could be announced at any time depending on negotiations.
The April 9th date is scheduled for the 02 in London, and one would suspect it would almost certainly be on Sky Box Office pay per view given both Joshua’s fast growing star power, and particularly if it is for a world title fight against Martin, in only the British boxing sensation’s 16th professional fight (currently 15-0-15KO).