Today former world champions Paulie Malignaggi, Ricy Hatton and Anthony Crolla have launced a ground breaking new concept for boxing called Ultimate Boxxer.
Boxing News and Views have been made aware of the new concept and venture in the sport of boxing today with the following information.
Ultimate Boxxer will be a new sports entertainment organisation in the UK. Born out of youth culture for a new era, and a new wave in British boxing.
Here are the key pieces of information to note:
- Unique new fast paced format sanctioned by the British Boxing Board of Control
- Single elimination tournament events with eight fighters who compete for big cash prizes on one night
- ULTIMATE BOXXER 1 will take place on Saturday 28th April in Manchester with 8 undefeated fighters
- Sign up at www.ultimateboxxer.com for access to ticket pre-sale on Feb 19 for event launch
- Sports entertainment organisation will provide career propelling opportunities in each weight division along with the chance to win life changing prize money
- Street youth culture brand with entertainment at the heart to broaden the sports appeal mainstream to a new generation of fans
- 21st century entrepreneurs create innovative online strategy for the promotion, brands and broadcasting rights. Online partners include UNILAD and Social Chain
- ULTIMATE BOXXER, Britain’s first Boxing Entertainment brand, launched today in Central London, with ambassadors and non-directors Ricky Hatton, Paulie Malignaggi, Anthony Crolla and BBC Radio 1Xtra DJ Charlie Sloth, presented by Rickie Haywood Williams.
The elimination tournament format, approved by the British Boxing Board of Control, is a unique, fast-paced concept for professional boxing.
Each event has an initial eight fighters, who compete in four quarter-finals of 3 x 3-minute rounds followed by two semi-finals and one final, with the winner becoming tournament champion for their weight class.
As an independent sports entertainment organisation, the directors have created a transparent brand that focuses on providing an equal platform for fighters. BBBoC license-holders and promotors for ULTIMATE BOXXER include Carl Greaves, Jalal Kamani, Executive Director, and, Benjamin Shalom, founder & Managing Director.
ULTIMATE BOXXER was founded to provide a transformed boxing experience through their online power & flexibility. The concept is designed to suit all boxing fans as well as those hooked on entertainment, event and celebrity experiences to catapult boxing in the 21st century.
‘ULTIMATE BOXXER 1’ will take place on Saturday 28th April at EventCity in Manchester with 8 undefeated WELTERWEIGHT fighters from around the United Kingdom.
Events will be a seated intimate experience with tickets are expected to sell-out. Tickets will go on pre-sale on the 19th February for the event launch, for those that have signed up at www.ultimateboxxer.com
ULTIMATE BOXXER is the emergence of the 21st century using leading digital brands to provide a transformed boxing experience for the next generation.
ULTIMATE BOXXER will use cutting edge social media and internet broadcasting to appeal to mainstream and non-boxing purists. A major partner of the event is UNILAD, the largest Facebook page in the world who will broadcast the events to millions of people.
Note: The First ‘Welterweight’ event April 28th @ EventCity Manchester. Sign up at www.ultimateboxxer.com for access to ticket pre-sale on Feb 19