The World Boxing Super Series is on it’s way to coming to life as all the quarter finals for the initial tournament have now been selected.
The draft gala took place this weekend in Monaco and the super-middleweight and cruiserweight divisions in the tournament now have taken shape fully.
SEE ALSO: The moment Taylor stopped Davies
The super-middleweight quarter finals will be as the following:
- George Groves vs Jamie Cox
- Callum Smith vs Erik Skoglund
- Chris Eubank Jr / Arthur Abraham vs Avni Yildirim
- Jurgen Brahmer vs Rob Brant
The cruiserweight last 16 will be:
- Oleksander Usyk vs Marco Huck
- Murat Gassiev vs Krzysztof Wloadarczyk
- Mairis Briedis vs Mike Perez
- Yunier Dorticos vs Dmitry Kudryashov
The schedule will be as follows, with definitive dates and venues to be confirmed:
The reaction to the draw last night has been largely positive thus far from fight fans:
Very much looking forward to the cruiserweight world boxing super series and saying it now Yildarim beats Eubank #LogIt.
— Marcus (@marcusknockout) July 9, 2017
This world boxing super series looks mint! Cox v Groves that’ll be a proper fight
— KOD (@KieranOD_1) July 9, 2017
While still in it’s infancy as a new format in boxing, the early reaction seems to indicate the buzz is progressively building for it’s first instalment featuring the cruiserweights and the super-middleweights.