The second day of the 2016 Olympic boxing calendar is upon us and like the opening day, we’ve got you covered with the Rio Olympics boxing results here on Boxing News and Views.
Rio Olympics Boxing Results Day 2
The first day saw a lot of back and forth action across the board, with big wins coming for the likes of Great Britain’s Galal Yafai, USA’s Carlos Balderas, Brazil’s Juan Nogueira, to name but a few.
It also saw the first professional boxer of the games record a win in Italy’s Carmine Tommasone 3-0 triumph over the Mexican Delgado.
Perhaps one of the more intriguing stories of the day however laid in the first defeat suffered by a professional fighter, Cameroon’s Hassan N’Dam, who got sent packing despite the fears coming into the games that professionals could overwhelm their amateur counterparts.
For full results of day 1 are available here. Right, now onto day two (first fight 15:00 GMT):
- Men’s (60kg) – Enrico Lacruz of Holland vs Chu-En Lai of Taiwan
Winner: Enrico Lacruz 2-0
- Men’s (60kg) – Thadius Katua of Papua New Guinea vs Adlan Abdurashido of Russia
Winner: Adlan Abdurashido 3-0
Men’s (60kg) – Mahmoud Abdelaal of Egypt vs Reda Benbasiz of Algeria
Winner: Reda Benbasiz 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Rayton Nduku Okwiri of Kenya vs Andrei Zamkovoi of Russia
Winner: Rayton Nduku Okwiri of Kenya 2-1
- Men’s (69kg) – Tuvshinbat Byamba of Mongolia vs Alberto Ignacio Palmetta of Argentina
Winner: Tuvshinbat Byamba 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Zohir Kedache of Algeria vs Stephen Donnelly of Ireland
Winner: Stephen Donnelly 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Eimantas Stanionis of Lithuania vs Wei Liu of China
Winner: Eimantas Stanionis 3-0
- Men’s (81kg) – Serge Michel of Germany vs Carlos Mina of Colombia
Winner: Carlos Mina 3-0
- Men’s (81kg) – Kennedy Katende of Uganda vs Joshua Buatsi of Great Britain
Winner: Joshua Buatsi TKO
- Men’s (81kg) – Peter Khamukov of Russia vs Albert Ramirez of Venezuela
Winner: Albert Ramirez 2-1
(Note: 3 hour 30 mins break until action commences again at 21:00 GMT)
- Men’s (60kg) – Sofiane Oumiha of France vs Teofimo Lopez Rivera of Honduras
Winner: Sofiane Oumiha 3-0
- Men’s (60kg) – Amnat Ruenroeng of Thailand vs Ignaccio Perrin of Argentina
Winner: Amnat Ruenroeng 3-0
- Men’s (60kg) – David Joyce of Ireland vs Andrique Allisop of Seychelles
Winner: David Joyce of Ireland 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Ndiaye Youba Sissohko of Spain vs Shakhram Giyasov of Uzbekistan
Winner: Shakhram Giyasov 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Winston Hill of Fiji vs Vladimir Margaryan of Armenia
Winner: Vladimir Margaryan 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Souleymane Cissokho of France vs Imre Bacskai of Hungary
Winner: Souleymane Cissokho 3-0
- Men’s (69kg) – Saylom Ardee of Thailand vs Pavel Kastramin of Belarus
Winner: Saylom Ardee 2-1
- Men’s (81kg) – Peter Mullenberg of Holland vs Ehsan Rouzbahani of Iran
Winner: Peter Mullenberg 3-0
- Men’s (81kg) – Teymur Mammadov of Azerbaijan vs Denys Solonenko of Ukraine
Winner: Teymur Mammadov 3-0
- Men’s (81kg) – Valentino Manfredonia of Italy vs Mikhail Dauhaliavets of Belarus
Winner: Mikhail Dauhaliavets 2-1
(And that’s it from us for day 2 folks! Thanks for joining us today and we’ll be back on here again tomorrow at 15:00 GMT at the top of our website to bring you day 3 results and live updates).
The post Rio Olympics Boxing Results Day 2 (Live Updates) appeared first on %%Boxing News and Views/%%.