It had been reported on Twitter this week that the new date would be October 29th, but team Klitschko are now saying otherwise.

Boxing dates and contract signings in the sweet science can be tentative at the best of times, but from experience, they always get ironed out in the end.

Earlier this week we reported that the new date for the fight would be October 29th after the dates we’re said on Twitter by team Fury, but George Gigney of Boxing News Online today has reported that Klitschko’s manager Bernd Boente said this is not the case just yet, and that nothing has been pencilled in for definite.

The date could very well still be October 29th and is the one I’d personally trust myself, but an official announcement should happen in the coming weeks to confirm it through the broadcasting partner and promoter handling the fight.

The fight had been pushed back from it’s original date this summer due to an ankle Tyson Fury.

Tyson has been in fine voice since on both Instagram and Twitter though, this week saying on social media he is going to “blast” Klitschko when they do finally meet in the ring:

16 weeks Saturday till I blast @Klitschko spark out, #&still!!!! Can’t wait #manchesteroctober29 #letshaveit pic.twitter.com/NrRTAuijxT

— #Gypsyking (@Tyson_Fury) July 7, 2016

(Image source: YouTube.com)

The post Fury Klitschko Rematch Date Not Apparently Finalised Yet appeared first on %%Boxing News and Views/%%.