Martin Says He Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out

Charles Martin Says He Will Knock Anthony Joshua Out

Published On February 18, 2016 | By Niall Doran | Boxing News

IBF heavyweight champion Charles Martin was in the UK today on press duties promoting his upcoming fight with Britain’s Anthony Joshua.

________________________________________________________________________________

Martin (23-0-1-21KO) burst onto the scene last month when he won the IBF heavyweight title that was previously stripped from universally recognised undisputed heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, via a TKO stoppage win over Ukraine’s Vyacheslav Glazkov (following an injury sustained to the knee of Glazkov) at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

Now however, he finds himself travelling to the UK in his first defence of his newly won belt, showing he clearly doesn’t fear the much heralded Joshua by fighting him in his hometown of London, too.

Speaking on Sky Sports News today, when he was questioned about how he felt about being the underdog in the fight, Martin bullishly replied:

“It will look even that much sweeter when I knock him out. Ya, it’s not going to go the distance.”

At present, Martin is floating in and around the 5/1 mark with bookmakers as the underdog to win the bout outright on April 9th.

Tweet now

About The Author

Niall Doran
Founder of Boxing News and Views (@NiallerDoran). Writer at the Huffington Post. Digital marketing guy. Journalist. Irish tech entrepreneur. Avid Yellow M&M's hound! Favourite boxing related quote: "It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen." - Muhammad Ali

Comments are closed.