Pro Boxing In Republic Of Ireland Back With A Bang
By Niall Doran
DBB RINGSIDE FOR THE ACTION
Last Saturday was the first time I had the privilege and honour to receive an official press pass/VIP ticket for a professional boxing show.
It was a genuine thrill that will live long into my memory I can honestly say. I even had the opportunity to exchange brief words with legendary Irish boxer Andy Lee (pictured next to me ringside above) who I have to say was a gent and very obliging to everyone who wanted photos on the night.
PRO BOXING IN REPUBLIC OF IRELAND BACK – THE RESULTS!
Watching the fights literally ringside was quite incredible. The action was intense and entertaining throughout with the following results starting from the main event:
– Nowhere2Hyde middleweight Hassan N’Dam beat Ricardo Marcelo Ramallo via 4th Round TKO (N’Dam now moves to 29-1, 18KOs)
– Nowhere2Hyde’s powerful and explosive cruiserweight Youri Kalenga moved to 19-1, 13 KOs when he knocked out Cezar Krenz in the 3rd round!
– Undefeated rising British middleweight star Mark Heffron of NoWhere2Hyde continued his professional journey with a very impressive shut out points victory when he beat Argentina’s Mateo Damian Veron unanimously with the referee scoring the bout 80-72 in his favour.
– Undefeated Dublin middleweight Luke Keeler beat Edgars Sniedze by way of 2nd round TKO (Keeler goes to 3-0, 3KOs)
– Ricky Hatton’s welterweight protege Sonny Upton beat Kevin McCauley on points with referee Micky Vann scoring the contest 40-37 for him over four rounds.
– The super-middleweight fight between Darren Cruise and Robbie Long was ruled a no contest after an unfortunate cut to Long’s right eye after an unlucky clash of heads in the 2nd round
– In the first fight of the evening David Maguire defeated Moses Matovu on points 39-37
DBB’S FIRST PRESS PASS FOR A PROFESSIONAL SHOW
It was a great day for us here at Doran’s Boxing Blog that will always be remembered by myself and shows how far we have come as a blog in just over 14 months. I would like to thank all the readers for you month of loyalty and helping to spread the word of this blog, without you this would not have been possible.
I can honestly say after the success of Saturday night that pro boxing is really alive and buzzing again in the Republic of Ireland. No doubt more shows like this will follow later in the year, it’s a good time to be an Irish boxing fan again!
(Image below of first official press pass for Doran’s Boxing Blog)
Doran’s Boxing Blog – A Place For Fight Fans To Stop By
The post Pro Boxing In Republic Of Ireland Back With A Bang appeared first on %%Boxing News and Views/%%.