By Niall Doran
The start of a new year is upon us and I thought it would be an apt time of year to review my top 10 P4P list. After a lot of thought and consideration I was more or less happy with my list I had back in November bar two key changes.
Money Mayweather sits a top of the pile still after his quality performances against Guerrero and Canelo last year which in my opinion earned him the right to be called “Fighter of the year” in 2013.
My two main changes were Carl Froch out after his poor display against George Groves and Wlad Klitschko just making his way back in to position 10. After reading one of my readers comments I tend to agree with him that Danny Garcia should be slightly ahead of GGG based on calibre of opposition to this point.
As always, feel free to comment on this challenging but fun list to debate on!
As of January 3rd 2014:
1. Floyd Mayweather (Welterweight, 45-0-0, 26KOs)
2. Andre Ward (Super Middleweight, 27-0-0, 14KOs)
3. Timothy Bradley (Welterweight, 31-0, 12KOs)
4. Guillermo Rigondeaux (Super Bantamweight, 13-0, 8KOs)
5. Manny Pacquiao (Welterweight, 55-5-2, 38KOs)
6. Danny Garcia (Light Welterweight, 27-0, 16KOs)
7. Gennady Golovkin (Middleweight, 28-0, 25KOs)
8. Sergio Martinez (Middleweight, 51-2-2, 28KOs)
9. Juan Manuel Marquez (Welterweight, 55-7-1, 40KOs)
10. Wladimir Klitschko (Heavyweight, 61-3-0, 51KOs)
Doran’s Boxing Blog – A Place For Fight Fans To Stop By
The post My January 2014 Top 10 Pound For Pound List appeared first on %%Boxing News and Views/%%.