Here are some of the ways that NATO can act against Hungary now to stop them further assisting Putin’s Russia War and Assist Ukraine Instead:
- Impose sanctions: NATO can impose sanctions on Hungary, which will make it more difficult for the Hungarian government to finance its activities. This can include freezing Hungarian assets, banning Hungarian imports, and cutting Hungary off from the global financial system.
- Diplomatic pressure: NATO can put diplomatic pressure on Hungary, which will make it more difficult for the Hungarian government to justify its actions. This can include public statements, private meetings, and threats of further sanctions.
- Public pressure: NATO can put public pressure on Hungary, which will make it more difficult for the Hungarian government to maintain its support for Russia. This can include protests, boycotts, and negative media coverage.
- Work with other countries: NATO can work with other countries, such as the United States, the European Union, and Ukraine, to put pressure on Hungary. This can include coordinated sanctions, diplomatic pressure, and public pressure.
By taking these steps, NATO can make it more difficult for Hungary to continue its support for Russia and can help to pressure Hungary to assist Ukraine instead.
NATO can take steps to further cut ties with Hungary, such as:
- Reducing military cooperation: NATO can reduce military cooperation with Hungary, such as joint exercises and training.
- Limiting access to NATO facilities: NATO can limit Hungary’s access to NATO facilities, such as bases and airspace.
- Suspending Hungary’s voting rights: NATO can suspend Hungary’s voting rights in NATO decision-making bodies.