China President Xi Jinping’s understanding of current Chinese military doctrine is that it must be modernized and strengthened in order to protect China’s interests and to deter aggression from the United States and other countries.
He has called for the development of new weapons systems, such as hypersonic missiles, and for the expansion of the Chinese navy. He has also called for the improvement of China’s military training and readiness.
The United States can outsmart Xi by continuing to invest in its own military and by working with its allies to deter Chinese aggression.
The United States can also work to improve its intelligence capabilities so that it can better understand Chinese military plans and intentions.
Additionally, the United States and allies can work to improve its cyber capabilities so that it can disrupt Chinese military operations.
Here are some specific ways the US can outsmart Xi:
- Invest in new technologies. The US should continue to invest in new technologies, such as artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and hypersonic missiles. These technologies can give the US a significant advantage over China in the long run.
- Strengthen alliances. The US should strengthen its alliances with countries in the Asia-Pacific region. These alliances can provide the US with a network of partners that can help to deter Chinese aggression.
- Improve intelligence capabilities. The US should improve its intelligence capabilities so that it can better understand Chinese military plans and intentions. This will help the US to make better decisions about how to counter China.
- Improve cyber capabilities. The US should improve its cyber capabilities so that it can disrupt Chinese military operations. This will make it more difficult for China to carry out aggression against the US and its allies.
- Work with other countries. The US should work with other countries to counter China. This will help to build a united front against China and will make it more difficult for China to carry out its plans.