The negotiations between Gennady Golovkin and Chris Eubank Jr continue to go on this week as the world of boxing watches on to see when an announcement will be made. This week Gennady Golovkin said on Twitter that he has done everything on his end in terms of signing for the fight and is waiting on his opponent: Everything agreed…
Saunders Slams Eubank Jr For Not Signing Golovkin Fight Yet
Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank Jr won’t be on each other’s Christmas card lists anytime soon, it’s fair to say.
We are now at the 8th of July in 2016 and as things stand, it looks like we are no closer to seeing the Gennady Golovkin and Chris Eubank Jr fight signed and over the line.
At least just yet.
Fans have being impatient on this one for a couple of weeks at least now, probably after it was revealed that Golovkin wouldn’t fight Canelo until late 2017, dismaying many fans and wanting to see ‘GGG’ put in with someone well known soon this year.
Current WBO middleweight world champion Billy Joe Saunders has added his voice to this in a well, rather more direct way over Twitter.
The former conqueror of Eubank Jr has slammed his rival for what he feels is leading on the fans:
@ChrisEubankJr pussy that’s all you are give the fans wot you have promised times ticking 💩
— billyjoesaunders (@bjsaunders_) July 8, 2016
To be fair to Eubank Jr though, he has said he’s ready to sign and this problem is most likely out of his hands and is in the control of the different promoters and managers involved in the negotiations.
Many will remember Eubank Jr and Saunders’ much anticipated fight back in 2014 when Saunders won a split decision in London on the night.
This rivalry hasn’t gone away since then:
(Full fight video credit: Chris Eubank Jr YouTube Channel and top image credit SkySports.com)