Tyler Goodjohn says he's back

Tyler Goodjohn says he’s back – looking to box in November

Published On July 28, 2015 | By Adam | Boxing Interviews

After a devastating defeat to John Wayne Hibbert on January 31st, former English light-welterweight champion Tyler “EL Tornado” Goodjohn announced he was retiring at the age of 24 years old.


It came as big surprise to boxing fans at the time, as Tyler was well established on Sky Sports and had signed a deal with Matchroom Boxing before the John Wayne Hibbert defeat.

Along with being a good ticket seller, Tyler has been known for being in exciting fights. When Tyler announced he was coming back on Facebook – it didn’t come as surprise to anyone.

After spending the last five years in Essex, Tyler relocated back to his native Cambridge upon his retirement.

Since then, Tyler has opened a one on one boxing lessons company called the Warrior Workshop and says he is a lot more settled with his current lifestyle.

I caught up with Tyler and we spoke about his short retirement, why the split with trainer Peter Sims, struggling to make the light-welterweight limit and a lot more:

Tweet now

About The Author

Adam is a keen boxing reporter, with drive and ambition to cover boxing from top to bottom. Well known for going in-depth with his guests, Adam was former Editor of The Fight Guru until recently creating YouTube Channel 4c Sports Media. Using 4c Sports Media to collaborate with such websites Boxing News and Views and On The Ropes Boxing, Adam Interviews some of the World's biggest names to the Worlds most exciting prospects.

Comments are closed.